|The Mystical Es Vedra
- Always book with a reputable company www.ibiza-spotlight.com/hotel-guide/is a company based on the Island that solely deals with Ibiza Accommodation. They do not sell rooms outside of Ibiza. Travel Republic is one of the cheapest comparison sites to book with and Booking.com allows you to reserve a room without paying a booking deposit.
- A safe bet is to book with professionally managed Hotels groups. They offer a standard, consistent, level of service with uniformed staff and codes of practice. Fiesta, Sirenis, Insotel, Azuline, Mirador, Barcelo and Marconfront are some of the better known groups on the Island.
- Ibiza star ratings are for Hotels. Key Ratings are given to apartments. Ibiza star ratings are not the same as some European countries, in fact they are a little below them. Some of the smaller hotels may like to rate themselves as 1 star, simply for the fact that Hotel tax’s are higher for better rated hotels. In some cases 1 or 2 star Hotels or Hostals can be better than 3star Hotels.
- Hostals in Ibiza translate as “Guest House” and not Hostal which is cheap, dormitory style accommodation popular with backpackers and students. In fact there are no Hostels in Ibiza as they are not licensed to operate. The best value and hospitality can be found in Ibiza Hostals as they are family run and reflect the personality and character of the Island best.
- Its vital to have Air Con in your room in July and August so make sure to check that air con is included in the room rate when booking. It is an optional extra in some hotels.
- If possible avoid booking with a GPS hotel. They are cheap and cut corners with food quality and services. Some are being managed as a going concern, as the company deals with big fines and breaches in employment law.
- Always book early for the month of August. Ibiza has near 99% occupancy in this month. Playa Den Boss has 100% occupancy. Best time to book is in March/April as Hotel offer their final discounts for early booking offers.