This week we start the first in our series of guest bloggers. The Blog would like to welcome Lynsey Hamp a party planner at The Stag Company With over 10 years experience of organising parties she knows exactly what is needed for a fun night out. She has been travelling to Ibiza for over a decade and got married on the ‘White Isle’ 5 years ago. Dont forget for a bespoke and tailored Stag Party through my personal contacts in Ibiza Clubs, Bars, Hotels and activities, please email email@example.com for the full options available. No budget or group is too big or small.
Picking where and what to do for a stag do is a hard decision- so many factors have to be taken into consideration: What your budget is? Who is coming? How many people? How old everyone is? Blah blah blah.
It really shouldn’t be difficult, by the time you reach that stage in your life- you should know who your pals are and who you want to party with, especially when it comes to your stag do- one of the biggest lads weekends of your life.
A lot of stags prefer to stay in the UK and some travel further afield and head to the US and hit Vegas, but my suggestion is to stick to what you know and a destination that will not disappoint, the number one place for clubs, music, sunshine and somewhere that doesn’t compete with anywhere else in the world IBIZA!
I may be slightly biased as I have travelled throughout my twenties to the white isle and did get married there so my connection with the Island is like many others who travel to the clubbing mecca every year, I am drawn by the magnetic force, but I still believe it’s a great place to go to for a stag do, here’s why:
1. Its easily accessible from the UK and a short flight time, this is very important especially if you plan to go for just 2/3 nights- longer flights will eat into your weekend so it’s essential to keep travel times to a minimum. Also flights are very reasonable and all budget airlines travel there, make sure you book flights early for the best deals.
2. Ibiza is a small island in comparison to a lot of the other party capitals so the great thing about an Ibiza Stag Do is you can get around the island easily and sample its amazing nightlife- you could go for drinks in Ibiza Town or San An’s sunset strip and then head to the bigger clubs like Space or Amnesia. If there are a few of you even better as it will cut taxi costs down.
3. World Class Clubs & DJ’s: need I say more, if taking a short break anywhere it is a gamble whether or not you will have a good time, with Ibiza you can guarantee top class clubs with top class DJ’s. My suggestion is as soon as the club calendar is released, look at who is playing and when and time your stag do when your favourite dj is playing, obviously the timing will have to fit in with your wedding schedule but am sure the missus will understand.
4. Diverse activities- there are lots of stag activities you can do in Ibiza that vary depended on your budget. Whether you like paintballing, watersports, booze cruises or you would prefer a more VIP experience and want to charter a yacht, go on a jeep safari or just book a table in Pacha, the choice is there.
5. Gorgeous girls: this may or may not be an important factor when picking where to go for a stag weekend but eye candy surely isn’t a bad thing? Ibiza attracts visitors from all over the world- people that want to party and look good, so if surrounding yourself with gorgeous women is appealing, Ibiza certainly will cater for you.
6. Sunshine- the weather in Ibiza is great, during the summer season it can reach highs of late 30 degrees.
7. Beaches: Ibiza has some fantastic beaches that cater for all, lively party spots or more tranquil chilled out places. My recommendation is head to Playa den Bossa here are some great beach bars- party at the legendary Bora Bora which is famous for its after club parties or Sands. Another great stretch of beach is Las Salinas just a ten minute drive from Playa den Bossa and past the islands salt lakes. Here are a number of first class beach restaurants- The Jockey Club serves great food, this beach is slightly more exclusive and trendier than Playa Den Bossa and great for celeb spotting. The famous Sa Trinxa end of the beach is the nudist section so prob wise you bear this in mind if visiting.
8. Festivals & Live Music; if festivals are your thing, why not head to Ibiza for your stag do when Radio One is In Ibiza for their Radio One Weekend (normally beg of August)or for the Ibiza Rocks festival- both have great head lining acts. Also Ushuaia Beach Hotel has some great live music gigs.
9. Sunsets: the sunset parties on the sunset strip in san an are a must when visiting Ibiza. Crowds flock here to listen to chilled saxophone players, Balearic beats played by djs, watch fire jugglers and drink San Miguel and Sangria whilst the sun goes down.
10. The bars: Ibiza is home of some fantastic exclusive bars: KM5, Aura but if luxury lounge bars aren’t really your style you can always go to the strip in San Antonio for a more broader range of bars which offer lots of drink discounts alternatively head to the strip clubs.
So there you have it my top ten reasons as to why Ibiza is a good place to go for your stag do, the main thing to take into consideration when planning your stag do is be organised, give yourself plenty of time to organise it (that way you will save money on flights etc), find out in advance which club nights you would like to go to and book tickets and finally get advice from a reputable stag weekend party planner