This week; how to incorporate your very own three-‐day wellness retreat into your Ibiza visit without breaking the bank.
Principles of a cleanse or detox
What is it? Cleansing or detoxifying enables the body to perform it’s own inner clean out by reducing the amount of work it has to do. Giving it a rest so to speak.
Recommended mental and physical preparation is optional, but I know you can master the art of a mini cleanse with that brilliant mind of yours for that wonderful body of yours! If you want to go deep check out clean programme.com, but otherwise avoiding toxins is marvellous for your health (although quitting caffeine can cause headaches).
- No stimulants (recreational drugs, caffeine, sugar, alcohol, dairy produce or meat) for 72hrs
- No news, social media or at least reduced to once per day for as short as possible.
- No complaining, if you do be aware and stop. Smile and hug instead.
- Do drink Lemon water upon rising to flush your system out.
- Do drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Do eat nuts, fruit and veg as snacks.
- Do check out how to do the 5 Tibetans online. I find it the easiest, fastest all round body toning and balancing routine ever. Oh and it promotes youthfulness!
- Do bring pen and paper so you can get writing, composing, drawing or scrawling.
- Do bring inspiring literature to get tucked into or pop into Libro Azul in Santa Gertrudis and stock up.
Enjoy, Virginia Feelgood
Assuming you have accommodation and transport within your price range and have allocated some of your spending money especially for this
Prep and get in the mood
Essential first steps
- If it is within budget, stock up on cold pressed juices (average price 8-‐10 euro). The Passion Pantry has a good selection.
- Try to eat only one solid meal a day interspersed with juices or nuts and fruits the rest of the time. If you want to challenge yourself make it one whole day and night on juice only!
- Take yourself to Rehab for a quinoa salad (no meat or dairy) at the beach, lounge about to the mellow beats and just relax. If you are feeling inspired write a thank you letter to yourself for being so good! Remember NO selfies or social media posts until after the detox.
Go to bed early.
- Start the day with the 5 Tibetans or sun salutation.
- Breakfast on juice or oats in non-‐dairy milk.
- Take yourself up to San Carlos and spend the day at the Can Curreu spa. They have a water circuit, which is elaborate and includes a sauna, hammam, huge pool with various water jet stations, Jacuzzi, cascade and sensations showers, icy plunge well and heated loungers. Enjoy for as long as you want for €30!
- Once you are ready to call it quits check out Las Dalias Hippy Market on the way out.
- Eat a simple dinner like a falafel salad.
- Go to bed early.
- Join Ibiza Walking Tours for a hike around the island.
- Then eat salad, collapse and sleep!
- Go outside and do the 5 Tibetans or sun salutation to start the day.
- Fruit salad, juice or soaked oats for breakfast.
- Pop down to the Port of San Miguel and hire a kayak for an hour (15euro), then hire a canopied bed at Utopia (€20) chill and hang for the day. Read, write or photograph, hey you can even have a massage on site, just don’t FB or tweet or digest news!
- Alternatively stay in your digs and have a massage, most hotels recommend therapists or choose one from the veritable plethora available.Have another lovely salad and gratefulness session before getting oodles of sleep.
- You have now done a three-‐day cleanse with benefits! Next
Wellness Ibiza DIY Part Three
Because you can afford it! For the bigger budget.